Wine tours in the Langhe (Alba), Piedmont
Gourmet wine tours are not just a wonderful tasting of wine produced in local vineyards.
They are also an interesting discovery of a unique world where you will be welcome by local producers who will open their wineries to you and will share their techniques and “secrets” in a familiar ambiance.
Everybody will be satisfied according to his/her preferences; You will be able to discover the history and evolution of small but well renowned family run vineyards, their unique wine collections dating back to a century ago, installations with huge 150-year-old barrels still in use and all the components of a special world that spins around the grape.
But you will also have the chance to visit more extensive vineyards that target their production both to the local and the export markets, all in a very friendly and relaxing atmosphere.
During the wine the tour in the Langhe you will:
• Learn the basic rules and facts concerning the growing and processing of local kinds of grapes: Nebiolo, Barbera and Dolcetto;
• Understand why wines made from similar grape varieties are so different;
• Be explained the history and secrets of fermentation;
• Taste different types of wine;
• Discover which wines need aging and which ones don’t;
• Deepen into some concepts such as vintage and coupage;
• Get to understand the certification of Piedmont wines, what it means and what it protects;
• Master the secrets of reading labels when purchasing wine or ordering it at a restaurant.
All of this will be complemented by an unforgettable journey through picturesque valleys and hills full of vineyards decorated with ancient castles and, of course, the very tasting that will leave long lasting memories!!!
This tour can be arranged altogether with a walking tour of Turin, Genoa, Milan or visits to royal palaces if you wish so.